THE MISSION is a local multiplayer retro shooter/platformer with level editor. It features 2-4 player mayhem, fueled by quick movement but slow weapons, resulting in frantic action and pretty funny shoot-out moments. Levels are destructible, adding another layer of tactics and entertainment to the mix. Create your own battle grounds with the level editor. Levels can easily be exported, shared and imported. Destruction and creation in one beautiful digital entertainment package for the modern 80’s gamer.
The idea for THE MISSION grew from the union of the themes of Global Game Jams 2010 and 2011, deception and extinction, as well an old school achievement of one of the GGJ. It was originally to be a single player game, but I turned it into a local multiplayer during Global Game Jam 2013. It has quickly grown to a fun local multiplayer game, shown at a few events in Copenhagen and Malmö, and nominated for the Indie Sensation award at the Nordic Game Conference 2013.
- Fast movement with slow weapon reload
- All your kills are one-hit kills
- All your deaths are one-hit deaths
- Arcade-perfect physics
- Level editor for creating and sharing levels
- Retro aesthetics: low-res graphics, 24 colors and 8-bit music!
- Nominated for Indie Sensation at Nordic Game Conference 2013.
- Shown at Spilbar 14.0.
- Shown at Spelrum:Digital.
- Shown at J-Popcon 2013.